NEW ARTS, COMMERCE AND SCIENCE COLLEGE, AHMEDNAGAR
Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC)
The National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) is an autonomous body, established by the UGC in 1994. It monitors standards of the higher educational institutions. After the 1st cycle assessment and accreditation in 2003 as per the guidelines of NAAC, we established an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) in our college. Since then it works as a post accreditation quality sustenance activity. It has created quality consciousness amongst us. It functions as an internal mechanism for assurance, enhancement, and sustenance of the quality. We have taken all possible efforts in rooting the NAAC procedures and practices in our college through IQAC. It consistently functions for quality improvement.
We have realized the importance of the institutional internal quality system. It is assumed as a mechanism to build and ensure a quality culture at our college level. The IQAC performs the role of planning, guiding, and monitoring quality assurance and quality enhancement activities. Through consistent and systematic efforts of IQAC, the college has gained momentum towards academic excellence. It plays a facilitative and participative role in the institution. The IQAC has become the driving force behind the quality strategies of the college. It has removed all possible deficiencies to ensure quality. We are grateful to NAAC for providing this valuable tool in raising the institute to new academic standards.
IQAC through its conscious, consistent, and catalytic action is tirelessly working to improve the academic and administrative performance of the college. It is promoting measures for institutional quality enhancement through internationalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
Road Map for Growth
- Extension of Academic Programmes.
- Up-gradation and Development in Infrastructure.
- Promotion of Research, Consultancy, and Extension Activities.
- Quality Enrichment of Human Resources.
- Mobilization of Student Support Services.
- Generation of Resources.
IQAC has played the following functions -
- Development of quality benchmarks of the college.
- Creation of a learner-centric environment conducive for quality education.
- Faculty orientation to adopt technology for participatory teaching and learning process.
- Arrangement for feedback responses from students on quality-related institutional processes.
- Dissemination of information on the various quality parameters of higher education.
- Organization of workshops, seminars, and conferences.
- Documentation of the various programs/activities of the College, leading to quality improvement.
Follow up -
- The AQAR is approved by the IQAC of the college for the follow-up action and necessary quality enhancement measures.
- The college has regularly submitted the AQARs to the NAAC.
- The IQAC has created its exclusive window on the college website, to report its activities regularly as well as for the hoisting of AQAR.
IQAC is instrumental in -
- Ensuring clarity and focus on its functioning towards quality enhancement.
- Ensuring internalization of the quality culture.
- Institutionalization of best practices.
- Providing a sound basis for decision-making to improve institutional functioning.
- Acting as a dynamic system for quality enhancement in the college.
- Building a methodology of documentation and internal communication.
- 2003: First Cycle of Assessment and Accreditation with A Grade (85.10 % score).
- 2012: Second Cycle of Assessment and Accreditation with A Grade ( CGPA 3.53 on 4.00 point scale).
- 2017: Third Cycle of Assessment and Accreditation with A++ Grade (CGPA 3.79 on 4.00 point scale)
- 2019: UGC Paramarsh Scheme - Working as a mentor for Assessment and Accreditation of five non-accredited colleges.
Dr. A. D. Harkal
New Arts, Commerce and Science College,
Ahmednagar - 414 001. ( M.S.)
Ph. No. 0241-2324024 (Extn.-217)